How To Make Your Own Shaving Cream
Shaving cream is an absolute must if you want to get the closest shave possible whilst avoiding nicks and cuts and not irritating your skin.
Shaving cream was first invented in 1919 by Frank Shields in Massachusetts and was marketed under the brand name of Barbasol. Prior to that, men had been using a shaving brush and the lather produced by a bar of shaving soap.
Today, shaving cream is available in pressurised aerosols and gel form as well as traditional shaving cream and used to prepare the skin by softening the facial hair.
Shaving cream is perfect for men with tough facial hair or sensitive skin.
So if you like the idea of using a traditional shaving cream, bowl and brush, like the kind of shave you’d get at a professional barber, but would prefer to make it yourself, here we tell you how to make your own shaving cream in 3 different formulas.
A Lovely Pure Shaving Cream
Like many other toiletry products, shaving cream can contain harsh chemical ingredients and toxins. This home made version is made with natural products so is kinder to skin and is less likely to cause an allergic reaction. Importantly, this shaving cream is moisturising too, so leaves skin feeling soft and silky. Once you have made it though, best to hide it, because it is perfect for use by both sexes!
1/4 teacup of mango butter
1/4 teacup of coconut oil
1/4 teacup of vegetable natural liquid soap
2-3 tablespoons sweet almond oil (olive oil and jojoba oil can also be used)
- Melt the coconut oil and mango butter gently in a pan.
- Stir the oil and soap into this mixture and mix well.
- Let the mixture cool for about one hour until it has hardened.
- Whip the mixture with an electric mixer for about 2- 3 minutes until it is soft and creamy.
- Spoon the mixture into a sterilised jar and close the lid firmly.
How To Make Your Own Shaving Cream Using Aloe Vera Gel
Aloe Vera is hailed as the ‘wonder natural skin product’ as it has anti-inflammatory properties and fights infection and acne.
Aloe Vera is also moisturising and anti-ageing. With this recipe, you can perfume the shaving cream with the essential oil of your choice, but choose with care if you have sensitive skin – small amounts of frankincense or sandalwood are both suitable.
¼ teacup Aloe Vera gel
¼ cup liquid pure vegetable soap
2 tablespoons sweet almond oil
½ teacup filtered water
6- 8 drops of essential oil
- Combine all of the ingredients using an electric mixer until smooth and creamy.
- Spoon the shaving cream into a sterilised jar and firmly close the lid.
How To Make Your Own Shaving Cream Using Honey and Almond
This shaving cream sounds good enough to eat and is certainly going to be a treat for your skin!
¼ teacup cocoa butter
¼ teacup raw honey
¼ cup of pure liquid soap
¼ cup of sweet almond oil
½ teacup warm spring water
- Heat the cocoa butter in a small bowl in a pan of boiling water.
- Remove the bowl from the heat.
- Add the soap, honey and sweet almond oil.
- Add the warm water and blend well.
- Spoon the shaving cream into a sterilised jar.
NB This shaving cream smells lovely, but if you would like to perfume it, add 6-8 drops of essential oil – but check that your chosen oil not only smells good, but is also good for the skin and doesn’t irritate it
- We have recommended that you keep your home made shaving foam in a glass jar, but you can keep the cream in a plastic foam pump bottle too if you’d prefer.
Quick to make and a pleasure to use, you will soon discover the advantages of making your own shaving cream – and your skin will certainly show you!
BUT if you don’t want to make your own and want to experience a luxurious, premium quality shaving cream from a top UK brand you can trust, you can go here now to get yours now – Peppermint Shaving Cream